Visit Governor Walz Newsroom page for the most current press releases,statements and other updates on COVID-19.
Guidance on Safely Reopening Minnesota Businesses
Please visit the website for additional information
If you're sick or think you may be sick with COVID-19
Please visit the website for screening tools and testing locations near you.
Weekly virtual support groups for Pine County residents
Pine County Connect
There is currently no vaccine to prevent Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wear a cloth mask when in public.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
In an effort to help you find resources faster, we have included a number of different ones from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) below.
This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Minnesota Department of Health will provide the most up-to-date information on specific numbers and spread of this disease.
Every Minnesotan can call the Discrimination Helpline at 1-833-454-0148 or complete and submit and online form. Please visit the website for more information.
What you need to know about Coronavirus disease 2019 (PDF)
The Difference Between Alternative Masks and Surgical Masks for COVID-19 (PDF)
How to Make Cloth Face Coverings
How to Wash Cloth Face Coverings
For more information about COVID-19:
- Center for Disease Control’s COVID-19 website
- Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 website
- Minnesota COVID-19 Response and Preparation Capacity
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) website
- Minnesota Helpline- (651) 297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504 Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.